Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedded Bliss




Getting married to Scott was one of the best decisions of my life. He is such a good guy, I'm not sure how I lucked out in being the one to snag him. Now we are married and although it is business as usual, I no longer feel fraudish calling him my husband (something I have done for quite a while). Now I just have to go and get my name changed and the marriage will take on that little extra meaning. It will be nice to have the same last name as my kids.

Speaking of which I'm so happy how well behaved my kids were for the multitude of babysitters they had. I was hoping that my mom would be able to take them all of the time (so they wouldn't need to be shuffled from person to person) but with the heat and the family reunion there were days she just didn't feel up to it. At the time I was more than a little annoyed, but in the end my dad got to spend some quality time with them and so did Scott's parents and grandparents. So it all worked out for the best.

I won't lie, the day before and the day of the wedding, I was a little more than stressed out. I had a rehearsal that more than half my wedding party didn't attend (because they forgot, were sick, or just didn't make into town yet) and then I was bombarded with questions just before the ceremony about how it was all supposed to go down. Soon after explanations to everyone we discovered the music we had burned to CD hadn't actually burned at all (Ahem...Scott) so my cousin (Shana) who was supposed to sing during our reception, ended up singing our first dance song as the wedding march (Adele's "Make You Feel My Love"). And she did it all without music. GO Shana!! Everyone really enjoyed the impromptu performance and again, it turned out to be for the best.

We had many compliments after the ceremony about how beautiful, funny, and nicely short it was. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. The reception was held outside and as will all outside venues people had to contend with some bugs, and with the weather which was crazy ass hot, but there was so many kids there I wouldn't have had it any other way. All the kids really enjoyed the toys and baby jail we brought, and loved to run all over the place. I know my kids had a blast and I think everyone else's did too.

All in all the wedding was beautiful, Scott looked awesome in his serge, Edie was adorable in her dress, Gabe was a heart breaker in the little serge we got for him, and everyone really loved my dress and said they couldn't even tell I was pregnant. The best part of the day, for me, was hearing our minister Stu pronounce us husband and wife. Best words EVER!



As for wedded bliss...with two kids and another on the way, I'm probably as close as a mother can get to any sort of married, honeymoonish bliss! :)

No comments: