Monday, March 1, 2010

Eden Marie Milestones


My teeny tiny is growing up and she isn't so teeny tiny anymore. She was born at 6lbs 10 ounces and was 20 inches long. She recently went in for her 6 month shots (at 8 months old..its takes forever for an appointment down here) and she now weighs 21 lbs and is 29 inches long! I just can't believe that in 8 months she has grown that much!! She is in the 97th percentile for weight and height! She's an amazon! Go ME! my breast milk rocks the shiznit (yeah, yeah, Im sure genetics is a contributing factor too). She will be outgrowing Gabe in no time flat, they already wear the same size diapers! Lets just say that shes got some junk in her trunk.

My little Edie has also started to crawl. She can get anywhere she wants by pushing herself around and or rolling, but today she was consistently getting on all fours rocking back and forth and trying to propel herself forward! Pretty soon I will have two children running around, yelling for me, yelling at me, yelling just for the sake of yelling...

Speaking of which, she has become quite the little babbler! Im pretty sure she copied me the other day when I was reading to Gabe. He's obsessed with saying "dog" so his favourite books are ones with dogs in them! He loves this fireman book at the moment, despite the fact that it only has one dog. But he did like having to search it out on the page and kept saying "DOG" whenever he found it. Soon he was calling everything he saw "dog". So I said "well this is a dog, but this ones a man, and heres a man, man, man, man" then Edie started to babble "man, man, man, man, man" which of course Gabe responded with "dog". Ah well...at least one of them listens to me!

Overall Edie is doing exceptionally. It's nice having a perfectly "healthy" baby. There was so much worry with Gabe and his development that I kind of missed out on his baby days. I'm just glad that i'm enjoying things much more the second time around, and am relaxing a little with some of the worries I still have over Gabriel.

Ultimately, I couldnt have asked for a better life than this. I am so blessed and I know I dont always show it, but I really do LOVE that I get to be a stay at home mom and watch all their milestones. It's bitter sweet, watching your kids grow up! I get to watch all of my hard work and sacrifice pay off but its sad that I also get to see them surpass all the traits that made them innocent little souls.

And you know what I really miss. That wonderful baby smell! Maybe I will have to make another one later this year...but for right now, I think I'll enjoy having just two!

No comments: