Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tech challenged?

I got my ultrasound done and the tech was pretty nice..I guess...she didn't talk much. Then when she did talk she kinda stumbled over her words and seemed...nervous. After she was done she said "Wait here, I'm going to look at these in the other room, then talk with the radiologist about them, and he might send a doctor to talk to you". Then as she was leaving she said "the doctor is protocol..." So of course I start to freak out. That was not encouraging in the least. I'm sitting in this tiny room, in the same place I got my ultrasound with Edie, shaking like a leaf, convinced a doctor is going to walk into the room and tell me I have cancer.

I sit there for ten minutes trying my best not to throw up when she walks back into the room and tells me that the results are being sent to my doctor and I will be contacted in two days. So now I have no idea what to think. Her weird behaviour has me freaked out but at the same time the whole scenario changed. No doctor came to see me so maybe she read the results wrong and it is a cyst! Ridiculous. I just want this to be over.

On the bright side my kids were very well behaved for their daddy today and were extra adorable this evening. I have such a wonderful life, I just hope i don't have to fight for it.

No comments: